Saturday, September 29, 2007
8 ounces of vanilla wafers
3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pint frozen raspberries, thawed and drained
8 ounce container of whipped topping
1. Grease a 9 x 11-inch pan. Crush the vanilla wafers. (The easiest way to do this is to put the wafers in a plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin.)
2. Reserve 1/4 cup of the crushed vanilla wafers and put the rest in the bottom of the greased pan.
3. Beat the butter, powdered sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. Put this mixture on top of the crumbs. Spread the mixture from the edges of the pan inward to help keep the wafer crumbs in place.
4. Spread the drained raspberries on top of that mixture. Add the whipped cream and sprinkle the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs over the top.
Refrigerate overnight. Serves 12.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
2 tbsps olive oil
5 cloves garlic. minced finely
300g medium prawns, shelled
150g red capsicum, sliced thinly
300g spaghetti, boiled till just done and drained
Noodle Dressing (mixed well)
50ml sesame oil
3 tbsps olive oil
4 tbsps light soy sauce
1 tsp salt
2 tps sugar
4 tbsps cider vinegar
4 tbsps smooth peanut butter
3cm ginger, cut into fine strips
2 tbsps sesame seeds, roasted and pound coarsely
50g finely chopped spring onions
Heat oil and stir-fry till cooked , 2 to 3 minutes
Addred and green capsicum. Stir-fry for about 1 min.
Pour in dressing and mix well. Remove from fire. Add spaghetti. Toss and mix well. Serve immediately
Saturday, September 1, 2007
1 packet ready -made shortcrust pastry
1 medium-size onion, chopped
200g broccoli florets, chopped, blanched lightly by cooking in hot boiling water for 1 minute.
4 larfe eggs, beaten lightly
Salt and pepper to taste
160g grated Cheddar cheese (or use your favourite cheese)
How To Make:
1. Grease a 20cm pie dish or 5 small pie dishes
2. Preheat oven at 210c.
3. Roll out pastry and line pie dish. Trim edges to fit pie dish
4. Spread onion and broccoli over pastry. Set aside
5. Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over onion and broccoli. Sprinkle
6. Bake for 7 mins. Lower heat to 180c, continue baking for 20 mins. Seve hot.
Serve for 6 peoples. Easy protein filler for the day. Try this out and share with me how you find this broccoli quiche.